Hello! I am Thomas Capelle, Machine Learning engineer at Weights and Biases working on the Growth Team. I am responsible of keeping the wandb/examples repository live and up to date. I also build content on ML-OPS, application of
wandb to industry and fun deep learning in general. Previously I was using deep learning to solve short term forecasting for solar energy at Steady Sun. I have a background in Urban Planning, Combinatorial Optimization, Transportation Economics and Applied Math.
I love contributing to OSS and the ML community, some of my resources:
- The awesome fastai community.
[2022-present] ML Engineer @Weights and Biases
- Improving use experience through examples in wandb/examples.
- Creating content for fully-connected on how to make machine learning better.
- Help companies integrating wandb into their MLOPS workflows.
[2020-2021] ML Engineer @Steady Sun
- Developing of next version of short term forecasting algorithm based on sky imager.
- Integration of ML tools to the steadysun code base.
- R&D in Deep Learning for detection/segmentation and forecasting of sky images.
- Collaboration with NVDIA AI on deployement and production of DL models.
[2018-2020] Research Engineer @INES CEA
- Development of algorithms for failure detection in Photovoltaic Systems
- Deep Learning model for parameter regression for IV-curve of photovoltaic modules
- Thermal Image segmentation and classification model
- Project engineer and coordination for Franco-Chilean partnership, international cooperation with multidisciplinary laboratories.
[2017-2018] Research Engineer @Inria
- Integration of spatial models with air quality and forecast models.
[2013–2016] PhD équipe STEEP @Inria
- Development of mathematical frameworks for urban/transport model calibration
- Multidisciplinary team work (Engineers, Economists, Urbanists)
- Supervision of interns work
- International conferences and peer-reviewed publications
 Master Internship @CIRRELT - Polytech Montréal
- Location and Routing modelling : Development of algorithms for logistics
- Implementation of a Column Generation algorithm
 Assistant Professor @Universidad de los Andes
- Analysis and Algebra for engineers
The full list of my publications is available via Google Scholar
PhD in Computer Science, Université de Grenoble - 2017
MSc in Civil Engineering - Transport, Universidad de Chile - 2013
Mathematical Engineer, Universidad de Chile - 2013
Spanish (mothertongue) - French (native) - English (full professional proficiency C1)